Visualizing geospatial data
This short series of workshops is intended to give those working in science-related disciplines ideas of how they can use geographic information systems (GIS) technologies and other tools to visualize their data for analysis and presentation.
- Focuses on the use of ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS online to visualize your geospatial data
- Introduces symbology and how to best symbolize concepts in maps
- Describes how to create map documents that can be exported as PDFs for inclusion in publications and presentations
- Demonstrates how to highlight notable data points in a map document
Anyone with an interest in GIS or data visualization is welcome, but the sessions will be geared towards those with little to no experience with the various software who are studying or researching in sciences-related disciplines.
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- WRN Computer Lab (229 Sciences and Technology Library)
- Fort Garry