Introduction to ArcGIS
This session is part of a short series of workshops is intended to give those working in science-related disciplines ideas of how they can use geographic information systems (GIS) technologies and other tools to visualize their data for analysis and presentation.
- Explains the parts of the ArcGIS software suite
- Details how to choose the appropriate coordinate system depending on the location
- Introduces types of geospatial data and their file structures for viewing and manipulating in ArcMap
- Demonstrates some basic geoprocessing tools and their applications
Anyone with an interest in GIS or data visualization is welcome, but the sessions will be geared towards those with little to no experience with the various software who are studying or researching in sciences-related disciplines.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- WRN Computer Lab (229 Sciences and Technology Library)
- Fort Garry