Overview of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS)
This session is part of a short series of workshops is intended to give those working in science-related disciplines ideas of how they can use geographic information systems (GIS) technologies and other tools to visualize their data for analysis and presentation.
- Provides an introductory overview of GIS software
- Gives a variety of examples of methods of how you could use GIS for data analysis and visualization in science-related disciplines
- Details how to prepare your data or determine if your data would be suitable for analysis within GIS software
- Describes where to find secondary data to include in your analyses
Anyone with an interest in GIS or data visualization is welcome, but the sessions will be geared towards those with little to no experience with the various software who are studying or researching in sciences-related disciplines.
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- WRN Computer Lab (229 Sciences and Technology Library)
- Fort Garry